Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wish list

I often get asked, what lens I use.
Or what's my favorite lens.
Truth is, I love using my 50mm
and it's literally the only lens I use.

I just bought a new lens and am waiting for it to get in.
Don't worry, you will find out eventually what lens it is :)

As I think more and more about this question I am asked...
I want to show you what's on my wish list.



Since, I don't do nature shots, or bird-watch,
I don't need a lens that zooms in.
Yes, I shoot weddings, but why do people need zoom lens?
Often, we are afraid to get too up close to people
while we photograph them, so we zoom in and frame them that way.

I want to say, that I am very proud that I don't feel
the need to hide behind my lens anymore.
I'm really dorky and move around a TON.
and I mean.... a TON.

Ever since I converted over to my prime lens,
things changed for me.
It wasn't only the quality of my images, but I changed.
I changed in the best way possible.
Like I said before, I move around alot.
It's something I wasn't able to do before, but
since my lens, I haven't been the same.
It's safe to say, I can act my dorky self
when I am photographing.

Some may think that zoom lens are the best,
but hey... we are all entitled to our own opinions.
And to top it off, a few of the best photographers
use prime lenses.

And... it's not because they use prime lenses,
that I decided I want to, but it makes me interact with my clients more.

Woo hoo :)

Happy Thursday night :D

-Diana

0 comments:

Post a Comment